Current Job Openings
Reports To: Assistant Controller
A candidate with 2 years of accounting experience (public accounting strongly preferred) will be able to apply their current technical and auditing knowledge to all account classes and truly understand the inner workings and functions of an entire Company. The smaller size of the Company allows the candidate to build and explore relationships across all departments and avoid being siloed in one specific accounting area or role, which is critical to professional growth. The Company and team size allows for exposure to and learnings for all accounting projects and accounting implications affecting the financial statements. These are high profile projects with impacts reviewed and monitored by upper management. The role is 100% remote, adding to work/life balance. Candidate should be a CPA or actively working toward their certification with CPA exams in progress.
* Assist in the management of the financial accounting, accounts payable, and payroll functions
* Involvement in the timely and accurate monthly financial statement process, flash reports, and other financial analyses for presentation to senior management and the Board of Directors
* Act as a liaison between finance and operating department heads, understanding their budgets, investigating variances, and providing product decision support and accounting analysis
* Act as one of the key finance point people with payroll vendor, ACCPAC consultant, external auditors, external tax entities, and 401k record keeper. Coordinate with IT on technology solutions and impacts for finance systems, including managing the company-wide automated paperless workflow process for accounts payable
* Identify and help maintain effective internal accounting controls
* Monitor, evaluate and implement new accounting standards
* Work with finance team members in revenue accounting, license fee payment, fixed assets, billing, and collections to ensure that these areas are properly reflected in our financial statements
* Work with department staff members including payroll, monthly account analyses, and vendor payment processing. Learn and document key accounting department processes. Work with internal contacts on new initiatives/contracts to determine financial accounting impacts
* Assist in the year-end audit process for financial statements, 401k Plan, tax reporting, and related activities
* Bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting required. Candidates should be working toward their CPA with CPA exam in progress.
* Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience. Public accounting background strongly preferred
* Strong Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint skills required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong supervisory/coaching skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
Specializing in professional and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT, Engineering, Creative, Scientific, Accounting and Finance professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.