Current Job Openings
We are seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of general accounting principles and strong administration and communication skills.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for managing and processing payments to vendors and suppliers, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring that all invoices are paid on time.
- Process invoices, purchase orders, and payment requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Review invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Post Invoices:
- Code to the correct general ledger,
- Adjust and apply credit notes as needed
- 2-way matching-invoices and purchase orders
- Request approvals from department managers.
- Schedule and prepare check run for VP signature, print & mail out checks.
- Post Invoices:
- Reconcile daily bank transactions from both bank accounts: create manual checks and reconcile cashed checks by date, create journals as needed.
- Create manual cash requirements report after each check run
- Assist with month end - Accruals, request statements from vendors, post all current month invoices by specified deadline
- Maintain department inbox
- A/P vendor file management
- Resolve any discrepancies with vendors or suppliers
- Verify purchase orders and receiving documents to ensure that they match invoices
- Generate reports and provide analysis on accounts payable transactions
- Maintain accurate and organized financial records
- Protect the organization's financial security by keeping information confidential
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other accounting-related duties as assigned
- Working w/ Syspro ERP, Mavenlink, & Office products (0365: Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable with knowledge of accounting principles and AP processes
- Ability to code to the correct general ledger,
- Ability to adjust and apply credit notes as needed
- Ability to do 2-way matching-invoices and purchase orders
- Ability to reconcile daily bank transactions from both bank accounts: create manual checks and reconcile cashed checks by date, and create journals as needed.
- Reporting skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong data entry skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and any ERP (w/ Syspro a plus)
- Mavenlink or comparable software experience is a plus.
- Strong Office skills (O365: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Produces accurate, timely, and valuable work
Specializing in professional and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT, Engineering, Creative, Scientific, Accounting and Finance professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.