Current Job Openings
Interviews patient or patients' representative to obtain necessary personal, financial, and demographic information. Prepares patient record and inputs into computer. Obtains and verifies insurance coverage. Completes and obtains signatures on required forms. Collects co-payments, deductibles, and other cash payments as needed. Balances daily payment sheets. Routes patient demographics to pertinent departments. Demonstrates extraordinary commitment to excellence by adhering to department excellence criteria.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit-based safety and infection control requirements.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, staff, patients, physicians, and the public.
- Interviews patient or representative and enters complete information into the computer. Obtains all pertinent signatures, insurance information, and financial data to protect the hospital's financial reimbursement.
- Assumes cashiering responsibilities after hours and weekends.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits within a timeframe determined by the organization and obtains pre-authorizations from third-party payers in accordance with payer requirements.
- Verifies medical necessity in accordance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) standards and communicates relevant coverage/eligibility information to the patient.
- Verifies insurance eligibility, benefits, and authorization. Notifies patient of any deposits/deductibles needed prior to registration.
- Obtains estimates for procedure cost upon patients request.
- Assures that the patient is appropriate to withstand routine registration procedures; is escorted to the proper service area; and has had their questions and concerns answered.
- Performs special assigned duties to meet the needs of the department.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- One (1) year healthcare insurance verification or billing or third payer authorization experience, required.
- Requires typing skills of 35 wpm, and data entry/CRT experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Specializing in healthcare and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top Healthcare professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.