Current Job Openings
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager position is a leadership position managing a team Accounts Payable clerks, with the overall responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of Accounts Payable. The AP Manager will lead a team of accounts payable professionals, and to own the entire process of receiving and paying invoices from our vendors for the entire North America operation. The successful candidate will lead the team to higher productivity through process improvement, automation, and simplification; and by strengthening the capability of each team member. They will work closely with our vendors, department managers, and Accounting and Finance team to refine processes and to resolve payment problems that arise. The AP Manager will assist the CFO to maintain ledgers, analyze data, prepare statements and reports, assist with period-end closing procedures, and perform other complex accounting and audit assignments. Success in this position is measured by the degree the incumbent pays our vendors on time and in the right amount, and that accounting for payments is correct.
- Develop, implement, and maintain payables systems, procedures, and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective accounts payable processes, policies, and procedures, including Accounts Payable related Oracle ERP system functionality.
- Ensures maintenance of and compliance with strong internal controls.
- Evaluate new vendor applications to make sure they are reputable, meet insurance requirements, and are amenable to contract and payment terms.
- Consulting with department managers and vendors to obtain the most favorable payment terms possible, and ensuring we receive the benefit of these payment terms.
- Manages accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, including but not limited to document review, vendor set-up and maintenance, invoice processing, employee expense reports, vendor relations, vendor rebates and allowances, 1099 reporting, banking administration and payment processing.
- Monitor the processing of over 7,000 - 10,000 invoices per month
- Ensure proper coding for all payments in process.
- Ensures timely and accurate month-end close, account reconciliation and reporting.
- Preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, reviewing reconciliations, and making sure that all outstanding items are properly cleared.
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in the General Ledger.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops 6 to 8 accounts payable staff (employees and temporary staff); manages schedules and workflow.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- 7 to 10 years of Accounts Payable and/or accounting experience in high transaction volume environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient with ERP systems. Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Demonstrated capability to manage a high quality and efficient accounts payable operations.
- Well-grounded knowledge of account payable process, financial and accounting principles is required.
- Knowledge in the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, and training.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Leadership skills are pertinent to providing and seeking out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset.
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals.
- Team-oriented and a focus on quality work.
Specializing in professional, technical and financial recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top Accounting and Finance professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.