Current Job Openings
An Application Engineers role is primarily to support sales defining requirements and developing solutions for clients that have complex operational and material handling challenges. Individual will act as the Technical Liaison between sales and the internal support staff supporting the project through all aspects of proposal development, including engineering, RFP development, supplier qualification, and estimation process.
The Application Engineer's role demands a high degree of operational expertise along with a strong mechanical engineering background.
Individual should be comfortable and experienced interfacing with client executive leadership teams and supporting or leading alternate design reviews and evaluations. Application Engineers are expected to have a broad working knowledge of various manufacturer's equipment, so they can lead conversations and develop designs that offer solutions that are appropriate and cost effective.
Individual will possess a bachelor's degree in engineering and 8 plus years of related experience.
- Provide support to the sales and engineering departments during the entire project
- Develop initial design with alternates as needed during the sales cycle
- Travel to client meetings and job sites as needed
- Assist as needed with creating budgetary pricing including communicating with suppliers as necessary
- Provide creative and constructive input on the concept, design, and final layout of the proposed system
- Identify equipment and provide description of operation as required during the sales cycle.
- Assist in the development of the proposal document as it relates to equipment specifications, layout design, and summary description of operation.
- Generate RFQ's for special equipment or subcontracted services
- Document and communicate revisions and track changes throughout the sales cycle.
- Use company supported procedures, forms, and software to perform job functions
- Organize and provide project pricing to sales department
- When necessary you may negotiate with suppliers related to pricing and contracts.
- Travel to jobsites to assist project as required
- Perform related tasks on special projects as directed
- Perform other duties as required for business operations
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experienced in Distribution Center operations
- Knowledgeable in MHS systems equipment and storage systems
- Demonstrate mechanical engineering expertise
- Provide leadership and ownership related to job responsibilities
- Must be flexible and tolerant of changing priorities, must be very client centric
- Communicates clearly, comfortable, and confidently
- Understands critical timelines and organizes work appropriately to support those needs.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with clients, suppliers, and the internal support teams.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 plus years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office products
Specializing in professional and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT, Engineering, Creative, Scientific, Accounting and Finance professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.