The Company: Global Human Resources and Benefits Administration Company
As one of the world’s leading provider of human resources outsourcing and consulting services, this client consults with thousands of organizations to administer human resources, health care, payroll and retirement programs on behalf of more than 300 companies to millions of employees and retirees worldwide.
Challenge: Interface Design and User Testing
This client approached Kore1 with a request to provide consultants to lead the design and integration of what were currently multiple compensation survey processing systems (and related databases/technical systems) within their benefits administration, outsourcing, and consulting practices. The client’s existing systems were built on aging technology which further heightened their need for action. The ultimate goal – reduce cost and lost opportunities, open the firm to create better results from the data it has, and share resources more effectively on a global basis. At its core, this project was fundamental to the profitability of the client’s compensation survey business.
The Strategy: Design , UX, Survey Processing and Much More
Specific solution design challenges the team addressed included:
• Led and implemented a design strategy, creating a user experience that was future focused, yet pragmatic given existing technical and organizational constraints
• Created a robust set of tools for survey processing and a single, integrated system that supports collection, cleansing, and dissemination of industry-standard compensation information on a global basis
• Provided thought leadership for improving user adoption and change management
Solution: Design Experts and Tech Leaders
The Kore1 team delivered and exceeded the client’s expectations. Team members consisted of design experts and client efforts completed include:
• Led extensive requirements gathering process with an international team of stakeholders
• Completed persona development to quantify key attributes primarily in terms of psychographics, and refinement through user testing
• Created and defined design concepts using rapid prototyping development and technical proof of concept techniques
• Created the detailed architecture, wireframes, and visual design for all components of the system
• Provided technical research and validation for online and offline communication channels
• Created multiple design concepts to further support flexibility in end user working styles – e.g. web and smart client design solutions
• Led and facilitated visioning and storyboarding workshops to identify possible design solution alternatives when presented with conflicting business requirements and newly discovered technical challengesbusiness and technology leaders that collaborated across organizational, geographical and technical boundaries.